Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you have an idea for a plant controlled experiment for a science project?

I was trying to think of something different than putting one in a dark room or giving it food coloring. I was thinking about giving one water with baking soda and yeast, but I was not sure that would do anything. Do you have any suggestions on some experiment I could do?





Thanks!Do you have an idea for a plant controlled experiment for a science project?
Actually your idea is a good one. If you did that, you could try putting one in a warmer area and seeing if something ferments. I'm serious about this. You might even discover chemosynthesis in plants, I don;t even think they do that and I;'m a Biology major in College. You could try putting one in each MAJOR temperature zone, like 0 degrees Celsius, Room Temperature (aprox. 30 degrees Celsius) and something like 80 degrees Celsius, if you can find somewhere that's not either gonna set your house on fire, or isn't an oven,that's that hot. and one that doesn't have the yeast and baking soda in the three, and another control without either in the dark.


Tell me how it goes, and what you end up doing... I'm excited now...Do you have an idea for a plant controlled experiment for a science project?
1. investigate photoperiod--the amount of time the plants are exposed to light--ie one plant in total darkness,one in normal light of the day and one with continuous light(a light bulb--not too close, preferably fluorescent)


2. investigate light colour--try a blue light, red light and definitely a green light


your water/baking soda / yeast experimant will not give you any satisfaction


3. play classical music to your plants
in one put food coloring w/ water and in the other put regular water
I found one very good site for science projects...it helped me a lot..


You also try this...


www.doitscience.com

No comments:

Post a Comment