Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Project Controls Engineer Vs. Project Controls Analyst.?

I work in the oil %26amp; gas and I wana progress my career further. So while searching for jobs, I found that in US/Canada the titles most advertised are Project Controls Analyst whereas, in UK I come accross a lot of Project Controls Engineer vacancies. (I know theres a lot of misuse of the word 'Engineer' in the UK). I was wondering if its just similar jobs with different titles or is the nature of work different in both? I'm a non-engineering graduate.Project Controls Engineer Vs. Project Controls Analyst.?
Not only can you not tell if the two positions are the same or similar, you can't be sure what the work entails. Project controls could refer to instrumentation or to cost, quality or schedule controls. You need to job description to fully understand the scope of the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment