Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am a new VB Developer. I made a multi-user VB project using ADO control to access .mdb file from the server.

When I started implement the application by connecting database with ODBC DSN connection, the second user getting an error message 'unknown error 2147467259(80004005) The file in use ' and he can not open the file through my application, while the first user working on that. Please help me to solve this problem.I am a new VB Developer. I made a multi-user VB project using ADO control to access .mdb file from the server.
It's been awhile since I wrote anything in VB, but I believe this is a number of user problem or a file read problem, like either something is happening to block more then one connection to the database, for read and write access.





Make sure you using the proper cursor and lock type within your connection for updating records and make usre to use a dynamic connection, open, read, close, so the next can do the same.





And make sure you are not reading this from a CD, or that the databse is not marked as read-only.





Also, have you loaded the newest MDAC componets.





Hope that helps a little.I am a new VB Developer. I made a multi-user VB project using ADO control to access .mdb file from the server.
Whether the error is coming in another user of the same Pc


OR


Another user of Another PC.





Plz Check It.


If it is the Second One Try to Create a DSN also in his PC and work on the Application.


I think the first wil not create any problem.





finally, Replace DSN to Direct Connection using ADODB

No comments:

Post a Comment