Friday, August 6, 2010

In the software enterprises, what tools are used for project planning and control?

For example I wanna know that in the Microsoft company, do they use Microsoft Project for planning and controlling their activities, or this package is only for sale, and microsoft uses another tool for this process,


or


another example is IBM, do they use RUP methodology for Developing Softwares?In the software enterprises, what tools are used for project planning and control?
I think lots of companies use MS Project as a planning %26amp; tracking tool.





I work for Accenture %26amp; we are competitors of IBM consultants. We bring our own end to end methodology. But we sometimes have to tailor it to the client. For example I recently worked on a project, where the client used an older form of our methodology. We went %26amp; created a translation document, to match our deliverables to the client deliverables. I imagine the IBM consultants do something similar.





I was at CHales Schwab, when they started using the RUP - I like it but it's tough for a company that has a major development methodology to change to the RUP - it's a big change.





To find out who's using the RUP I did a search on Monster.com. I found plenty of major contractor agencies recruiting - Shperion, Comsys, Cyber, Kforce (and IBM consulting).








When SOA matures more, it'll be interesting to see how it is developed via the RUP :-)
  • your cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment